May 19, 2010

Neglected Responsibilities...

I have suddenly realized, in one of those rare moments of clarity I sometimes experience, that I have been receiving awards left and right, but have been neglecting my duties to pass them on! What kind of selfish self-loving blogger am I?!

My very first award was the 'I Love Your Blog' award, bestowed upon me by the hilariously illustrious Naked Writer, whom I adore to bits and pieces and recently bestowed the prestigious 'Your Blog Makes Me Lose My Boldily Fluids From Every Single Orifice' award. I thank you.
(*note: I removed the picture of the award since it looked as though that was the award I was awarding others, which it is not.)

Then I received the 'I Love Your Blog' award again, this time from the quick-witted and charming Jacob, who e-louminates me and inspires me to think outside the box - which can mean anything from reminiscing about old romances to visualizing Fred Flinstone with his pants down. I thank you.

Then out of nowhere, perhaps simply for posting a recipe for meatballs in which I managed to incorporate a picture of myself playing the kazzoo, I received the Versatile Blogger Award from the hysterical, down-to-earth (and quite possibly my new mom role model): Midwestern Mama Holly. I thank you too.

I thank these three from the very bottom of my soul and give them the biggest, most virtually soggy kisses possible!

Now the responsibility part.

7 things about myself:
- My husband and I got married three times and in three different places over the past 11 years: once in Connecticut, once in New York City and once in Terneuzen (in the Netherlands).

- I was threatened with deportation almost 10 years ago and had to give up my U.S. citizenship in order to stay in this country; it was not my choice, but it remains a decision I regret to this day.

- I have two kids, which I still can't believe I actually made myself. From scratch. All by myself!!! (Okay, I had a little help.)

- I (still) smoke and I drink coffee as if it were the elixir of life.

- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a playwright.

- I spend hours working on completely useless research that will in no way whatsoever aide anyone in understanding the world any better. Right now I am trying to unravel the uncanny parallels between the mid-to--late 70's detective series ''Columbo' and one of my favorite parody shows of all time, 'Police Squad (in color)'.

- I officially have no pets, however, there is a very fat stray cat who frequents here and regularly leaves dead mice on the doormat.

And now, the 15 bloggers I've discovered and think are fantastic. Since I don't want to burden the bloggers who gave me my awards in the first place with the same award and the same obligations, and therefore creating a vicious cycle of re-giving, so I will secretly add them to my list, since I do think they're fantastic:

e-loumination

The Writing Womb

Are You Kidding?

Okay, now the list:

1: Crap I've Made
2: The Muffins Blog
3: Darth Mommy
4: Discovering Love in 365 Days
5: I Shoulda Been A Stripper
6: Handmade By Mother
7: Quiet Girl Gallery
8: Yes, His Name is Gary!
9: Dating Atlanta
10: What Max J Has to Say
11: Keesha-Fashionista
12: teeksplace
13: left of average, south of normal
14: In  the Middle of the Puddle
15: Intuitive Gardening

15 1/2: At the risk of being a total narcissist, I am including my own recently re-birthed blog, Today's Rant. My last post was in 2008, and so much has happened to me since then, that I read it now as if someone else wrote it.

So there you have it. I am honored to have been given these awards from such awesome bloggers, it makes me feel appreciated, loved and just all fuzzy on the inside.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Now I can Steal Your Followers too!
    SO you can say hes your third husband then! You marriage hooker you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr i wrote something and now it has disappeared!
    This was the gist, thank you for the awesome award, it made my day yesterday to receive it.i will put it up on my blog sometime this week!
    I am looking forward to reading about the your from two years ago.
    what do you mean, cigarettes and coffee aren't the elixrs of life?
    Thank you for coming into my life
    big smoochies to you from cyber space
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey your link to today's rant is broken...please fix so i can read xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brans, we can share the wealth honey! Yes, he is my first, third and final husband. lmao@marriage hooker
    @Trish, me too.
    I fixed the link! I have been busy drawing illustrations too for the 'old/new' blog, which make me sorta crack up... very curious what you think! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Lizanne... thank you *smileyface*. I don't win awards very often (never) so that's made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I am honored that you selected my blog. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Clare and Keesha - you deserve it ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of neglected responsibilities... ;-) Yikes, I'm late!

    I just want to say, thank you SO much for including my blog on your awards list! I'm very honored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria, thank YOU for your awesome blog! You are so creative and your comments about those outdated patterns and stuff are hilarious. Oh, that last one with the ruffles - I died. :)

    ReplyDelete